Are you a caregiver? You may get assistance from Medicare for yourself and your loved ones at any time of your choice.
Care giving Services
If your loved one has Medicare Supplement plans to cover the services with care giving, it means you can get:
- Home health care as per the doctor orders. In fact, you may also consider getting home health aide and skilled nursing care to help your people. It also means your loved ones can get speech therapy, physical therapy or occupational therapy, besides also a hospital bed, oxygen and a walker. You can get whatever is medically necessary and ordered. You must use the Medicare approved home health agency and understand that in every 60 days time the doctor must re-order the equipment and care required.
- There is the facility of Hospice care also available, if crucial. A loved one terminally ill can avail at home hospice care. This is if their doctor believes that they may not survive over 6 months.
See the help received from hospice:
- Hospice controls the pain level and provides spiritual and emotional support.
- Hospice assists in coping with grief and provides respite care, it means you get a break and someone else takes charge as caregiver.
There is a need for you to bear the expenses for most long-term care services. The help from Medicare may be available very rarely only in certain cases.
Medicare pays for:
- Nursing home short stays after a hospital stay and particularly if skilled services or rehabilitation are required from a special therapist or a nurse.
Medicare does not pay for:
- At home long-term care. For instance, everyday help that may be needed to get dressed or washed is not covered.
- An eternal move to a nursing home or assisted living.
More Available Support Types
You may require assistance in finding services to take care of your loved one or in fact, there may be a need to find a help for yourself.
Remember, getting some off time from care giving is very essential. This is because it makes your better caregiver. The respite services help with giving care or with some task as you take break.
To learn more
- Check online about the benefits of Medicare Supplement plans.
- Also check for caregivers offered by Medicare. This helps in making decisions and planning for uncovered things.